Information Covered by the Policy
This Policy covers any and all personally identifiable information about you (“PII”) that you provide to NCGS, whether through our website, on the phone with our representatives, or in a separate writing.
This website is not intended for any user under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years of age, you are not authorized to provide personal information to us through this site. We do not knowingly accept any information provided by children under 13. If we are informed that information has been received from someone under 13, we will promptly delete that information.
Types of Information, and Our Uses Thereof
As part of our business process, we may ask you to provide information, which will allow us to find clinical trials specifically targeted for you. If you wish to be included as a potential participant in a clinical trial, this information allows us to get in contact with you regarding relevant studies. We collect information in several ways, as enumerated below:
- Registration: We collect the information you provide when registering for our website (name, birth date, email, phone number, street address, and demographic info)
- Enrollment Questionnaires: To help determine whether you may be eligible for a particular trial, we may ask for additional information through a questionnaire. If you meet the eligibility criteria, and grant NCGS explicit permission, we will send your information to study-related personnel at a clinical research site in your region; those personnel will be restricted by federal laws regarding the disclosure of PII. You may also enter your child’s information to determine whether your child is eligible for a trial.
- Aggregation of PII: To improve the effectiveness of our services, we may de-identify and aggregate data including your PII and the PII of others in similar situations. For instance, we may estimate that you have a 35% chance of high blood pressure based on the fact that 35% of the population in your state has high blood pressure.
- Analytical Services: Occasionally, we may send you messages by mail or e-mail when analysis of your PII or publicly available information suggests that you might benefit from particular studies.
- Opt-out of Services: If you request via email or our website to opt out of our services, we may retain some PII to help us avoid contacting you. Additionally, we may retain PII that has been de-identified and aggregated, and as necessary for our legal files.
Your PII will be stored so long as you have an active account on our site, or longer if needed to provide you with services. You may request that we remove your PII by notifying NCGS at firstname.lastname@example.org; however, we still retain the right to store your information as necessary for our legal files, should we need such information for the purpose of protecting our rights in a legal proceeding.
We will not share your PII with third parties, except as described in this agreement or separately permitted by you through an opt-in statement. We may provide your PII to our vendors or partners who are bound by confidentiality obligations and cannot disclose your PII to others.
When you register or complete a questionnaire, you will be required to consent to NCGS’ storing of your PII in its database, and to NCGS contacting you regarding clinical trials. If you receive a contact from us, and would like to discontinue communications, please send an email to email@example.com.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Correcting your PII or Opting Out
If you inquire, NCGS will inform you as to any PII of yours that we may be storing or using. To request this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may correct or modify your PII, or opt out of our services and request removal of your PII, at any time. To completely opt out, please send a message with the subject line “OPT OUT OF SERVICES” to email@example.com.
Links to other Sites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Policy Review and Updates
This policy is periodically reviewed to ensure continued effectiveness. Occasionally, we modify the Policy in light of up-to-date legal standards and industry requirements. The version date will be posted on this page. Please check here periodically to be sure you stay apprised of the most recent changes.